Soul Resonance, Let's Go!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:52 pm

~k u r e n o~

The rest of the week passed by quickly, all too quickly. Naturally, the school was abuzz about the coming party, and the hype only escalated as the week went on. As Kureno and his classmates made their way out of their last class for the week--himself walking a good deal slower and with less enthusiasm than many of his comrades--he was surrounded by laughter and received a couple rather annoying (but good-natured) slaps on the back of his shoulder by a couple of the rambunctious jocks who usually didn't pay much attention to him because they seemed jealous that almost every female in the class liked him, but now everyone was happy and yammering excitedly to one another. Eventually he fell behind the core of the herd, spitting insults at them inside his mind. Just as he was about to turn and wait for Yume at the door so they could walk home together, she appeared by his side with a big smile and her hands behind her back, clasped together cutely. He blinked a couple times, and she sang out in a sing-song voice as they started walking out the door, "Sooooo you gonna come with me to the party?" He glanced at her with his eyes bored and narrowed, in a I'm-insulted-you-would-even-ask-such-a-question look, and she scoffed and rolled her eyes, throwing her hands in the air. "Come on, Kureno! All the girls in class might like you but you're never gonna get any friends if you don't have some fun! Quite being such a stick-in-the-mud!" The dark-haired meister kept his gaze straight ahead, sighing, "I don't need friends. I have a partner," here he flicked his gaze to her, winking, "And that is all that is required of me! Anyway, it's not like it would be enjoyable. I highly doubt I would have any fun, and my moping would just bring you down the whole night," a corner of his mouth lifted in a smirk, and he looked at her out of the corner of his eye, "After all, our very souls are linked." She gave an exasperated sigh, rolling her eyes once again even as her cheeks coloured slightly in a blush. They didn't broach the subject again the rest of the walk home, but he knew she wouldn't give up quite yet. She'd still have time to try and persuade him before the party began later that night. He might let her succeed--he would see.

Later that night, Kureno was laying sprawled on the couch, staring at the ceiling as Yume busied herself hopping between her room and the restroom in preparations for the party. The purple tie she had found in his dresser still lay across his chest where she'd thrown it at him in one of her many attempts to goad him into accompanying her. He heard her footsteps again, and he just managed to close his eyes when the light-weight fabric of one of his silk button-up shirts flopped onto his face with a bit of force, partly gathered in a ball so it would be easier for throwing. He mumbled out a muffled groan, and at his displeasure, another ball of fabric--this one heavier and rolled into a tighter ball--flew with much more force at him. This one hit in a much...lower location than the previous one, and he grunted with pain as he reflexively rolled onto his side and curled into himself, hands shooting downwards to protect said area from further assault. However, the couch wasn't big enough for such movement, and with his face still caught up in the material of his shirt, he half-rolled half-fell off of the cushions. One of his feet collided with the coffee table on the way down to the hard-wood floor, and his shoulder jarred with the unwanted impact. He muttered out curses as he curled into a tighter ball, rolling slightly on the floor. He heard muffled laughter of satisfaction from the hallway, and roughly tore the shirt from around his head to glare in that direction, but the perpetrator was gone. His hair stuck up in all directions, the meister tried to regain what little scraps were left of his dignity and pulled himself up onto the couch again, laying on his side with his back firmly to the hallway entrance, knees pulled up a bit, and brow furrowed in a sulk.

((YAAAS you and your sneaky phrases xDDDD hehehe poor Kureno I'm so sorry x''''D ihadtoomg))
Back to top Go down
http://tiamo.forumotion.com
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:10 pm

((ohhhhh my god that was probably one of the best posts this RP has ever seen xDD well done, my friend. You are too much xP <3))

~ y u m e ~

The weapon finally realized why Kureno enjoyed teasing her so much when she heard him crash onto the floor and release curses in the process. Although she hadn't anticipated his little episode, she felt victorious and a sense of power over her partner. I could get used to this... An evil smirk slowly appeared on her face. It seems that her attempts at motivating him found to be successful because a few minutes later, after the pain had decreased enough to where he could move again, Yume guessed, she heard rustling in the living room. She partly understood why Kureno had no interest in attending the party; most of the people attending were not his cup of tea. But it didn't excuse him from having a good time. He could only be a stick-in-the-mud for so long before she couldn't stand it anymore. Even if their souls were linked, she wouldn't let him bring her down.

Yume slipped into a plum-colored, form-fitting dress that came down a little more than halfway to the knees, complete with a pair of simple black flats and pearl earrings. It might have been a bit too formal for the occasion, but if Kureno asked about it, there was no way she was admitting her outfit was a small attempt at persuading him to go. There was still so much to figure out about him, but thankfully he's unknowingly revealed his weakness for a girl in formal attire. After applying a bit of makeup and checking her image one last time, she confidently exited the bedroom to find her partner seated on the couch, dressed in the clothes she had thrown at him, his head purposefully turned away to indicate his annoyance with her. She cleared her throat to make sure he knew of her presence, and his eyes glanced in her direction for a couple seconds. It was apparent he was impressed by her look. He sighed heavily and dragged himself from the couch, and Yume couldn't tell if he was purposefully being the way he was or if it was all out of honest spite. He made no attempt to link his arm with hers or lead the way like he normally did. She sighed to herself and played the leader for the evening. She was especially glad he was with her because nighttime were creeps and kishins' favorite time of day. Not that she didn't feel she couldn't take care of herself, but his presence was that much more reassuring, despite how difficult he was being right now. The walk was a bit farther than their usual destinations, making more time for the two of them to stew in their irritation with each other in an awkward silence. She wondered if he was craving a cigarette right now to help diminish his stress.

Around 8:15 p.m. is when they arrived. The ground slightly vibrated due to the loud pop music coming from inside the house. Yume thought she could cut through the annoyance surrounding Kureno because it was so thick. There was a sign on the door that read 'No need to knock, come on in!' When she opened the door, it felt like entering another world. Their previously attended events didn't come close to the volume and intensity of this one. A few people hanging out by the door casually greeted them and informed them of where the food and drinks were. They didn't seem to ingesting any alcohol themselves, but there was no way the party had reached the level it had without some. She didn't know about her partner, but drinking hadn't been a big activity in her past. There were a couple drinks here and there but nothing too serious. She caught the brunette trying to slip out but she caught his wrist just in time. "At least give it a chance! You came here for a reason, didn't you?" she had to speak at a much louder volume. He shook his head but surprisingly did what he was told. Yume was about to take a look around when she herself was grabbed by the wrist and dragged away by a couple semi-friends from her class. Kureno slightly lifted his hand to say bye, still holding onto the scowl he wore all the way to the party. Why were parties always so difficult for the pair?

((we did agree that Kureno would go with Yume to the party, no? I hope so... otherwise, ignore this post Razz))
Back to top Go down
http://theblonde-one.tumblr.com
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:56 pm

~k u r e n o~

Kureno scoffed as his partner was dragged away. Great. Not only was he here, he was here on his own with no one to complain to. After all, misery loves company, right? His hand lightly went to his breast pocket, where he'd stored pack of cigarettes that he'd slipped in before they left. He decided to peruse the goings-on, so at least he could say he tried if he found her again. By the time he'd made it through to see all the party had to offer--and of course being dragged into conversations with classmates he'd never really spoken a word to--it had been a little over four hours since he and Yume had arrived. He was trying to disentangle himself from about the eighth tipsy girl in a short skirt who was trying her damndest to 'slyly' unbutton his shirt, when he heard an angry yell from behind him. As he turned, he saw the hulking visage of one of the largest jocks in their class, Ushio. In a flash he remembered that his current female companion, Miho, was his girlfriend. 'Goddammit, can this evening get any more aggravating?!' He scolded himself in his mind, even as he lightly separated himself from Miho's grasping hands. "Miho's with me, pretty boy!" Ushio gestured for Miho to come to his side, which she did, and he shooed her behind him out of the way. Kureno raised his hands in a universal peaceful gesture, raising his voice slightly above the still-thundering music, "Nothing was meant by it, my friend, I was--" a large finger was thrust accusingly at his chest, stopping him mid-sentence. Ushio's dark brown eyes glared down at him. "Friend? I ain't no friend of yours, buddy." Before he could help himself, the words were out of his mouth: "Last time I checked, 'friend' and 'buddy' were synonymous." He realised that was probably not the best thing to say to an unintelligent, slightly-drunk, hormonal boy about a millisecond after the last syllable left his lips. Thankfully, it took Ushio bit longer to process his words, to realise that Kureno's words were indeed an insult to his already-minimal intelligence. This hesitation prepared Kureno so that he was easily able to dodge the punch that was aimed for his head. He ducked and slid around to Ushio's other side, hands up again, "I-I don't want to fight here, Ushio-san!" he tried, but with an angered grunting of "Bastard..!" another punch flew towards him. He stepped back to avoid it, but as soon as he did, a pair of arms locked underneath his own and held him fast. No doubt it was one of Ushio's friends, but Kureno didn't have much time to contemplate that as he was treated to a healthy punch to the stomach. Coughing, he just managed to calculate that there was another fist headed for his face before it landed. He lowered his head in a flash, and the punch instead hit the guy who was holding him, who yelled out curses and released his grip on Kureno. He took the opportunity of yelling and confusion that resulted to slip between the small crowd that had gathered, hand to his abdomen, and he took the first door he could find. It led to a bathroom, with a window that looked out into the yard on the side of the house. Thankfully, the window was unlocked, so he clambered out of it with as much grace as he could muster, seeing no other people on this side of the house. Satisfied that he was safe for now, and that hopefully this mess would be forgotten by next week--at least by those who had imbibed more alcohol--Kureno took a deep breath of the chilly night air, his breath forming a fog in front of his lips. The dark-haired meister leaned against the side of the house, letting his head fall against the cold, damp sidling. After a few moments, he reached into his pocket for a cigarette, lighting it swiftly, and taking a deep drag, trying his best to force his apprehension away. He ran a hand agitatedly through his hair, and all too soon he reached the end of his cigarette. He nearly let his fingers find another, but instead he went for his phone. Choosing Yume's contact, he thumbed out a quick text, hoping for a response sooner rather than later.

I'm leaving. Are you coming with me?

And with that he slid the device back in his pocket, trying hard not to be angry with Yume for making him go and then abandoning him at this awful excuse for a celebration.
Back to top Go down
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:40 am

~ y u m e ~

Maybe letting herself be dragged away and leaving behind her partner in the worst of places wasn't the best idea, but Yume was a little relieved to be away from him. There was only so much of his negative attitude that she could take. For the first couple hours, she followed around a few of her classmates, playing along with their reckless activities they decided to participate in. She even allowed herself to have a few drinks, but reminding herself to keep a limit. Not once did she run into her partner. She could only imagine how annoyed he must have been the last couple hours, especially without her to complain to. In the midst of her concentration on Kureno, she was stopped in her path by a tall male, much taller than she was. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you!" Yume began to apologize. She raised her head to make eye contact with the man and stopped mid-sentence. His hair was dark like Kureno's, but his eyes were a stunning deep blue. His attire consisted of jeans, a black v-neck, and black non-athletic tennis shoes. He had a tattoo of the DWMA's symbol, the shape of Lord Death's mask, right below his elbow on his forearm. And his arms revealed that he stuck to a regular workout schedule. "It is I, who should be apologizing, miss. Might I add that you look incredible this evening?" The man bowed his head and bent over a bit. His voice was also lower, like Kureno's. Yume looked down and smoothed out her dress in embarrassment. "My name is Kaname, by the way." He lifted his head, but remained bent over, to meet her eyes. Her cheeks became flushed with color. "Erm, thank you, Kaname. I'm Yume." Kaname straightened himself but kept his intent gaze on Yume. He was using the same 'suave guy' tactic that Kureno liked to use, the only difference was that Kaname didn't seem sarcastic or humorous about it. "Can I get you a drink?" he asked. The blonde had already decided she had had enough to drink for the night, but one more wouldn't hurt, right? She nodded and was told to remain where she was until Kaname returned with a drink for each of them.

For the next hour, the blonde and brunette found a corner to sit in and have a conversation with each other, and Kaname was a complete gentleman the entire time. He never broke their eye contact, listened intently and gave her never-ending compliments. He was always being very flirtatious, but nothing too forward. She almost felt like she was cheating on Kureno, even though they weren't actually a couple. Still, it was nice to hear a compliment with no smart-ass tone added to it. Yume was already three drinks past her chosen limit. Kaname continued to fetch her a drink and insisted that she continue to drink. Her judgement was fading, which diminished her ability to realize her slowly rising intoxication level. After a while, a group had formed around where they originally seated themselves and the conversation turned into a story-sharing circle. Another male student stumbled into the group, sloshing his drink around due to his lack of balance. "Guyyyys did you see that fight that happened earlier? Some crazy shit!" Some students began to talk about it, some saying they saw it and some saying they heard about it. One of them lightly hit the male's leg to ask him who was in the fight. "Aw man, it was nuts! That Kureno dude was all over Ushio's girlfriend Miho so Ushio punched him in the stomach! Didn't expect something like that from that dude, he always seemed so polite!" Someone else grabbed the student's attention and he ran off to meet up with them. Yume's heartbeat rapidly increased and the student's words felt like a slap to the face. True, she was a little irritated with him, but did he feel it necessary to go and do something like this? Was he trying to prove something to her? She couldn't handle being around the crowd anymore and pushed herself from off the ground to find the closest empty room she could find. She was unable to get very far, though, because Kaname caught her by the wrist. "What's wrong? Where are you going?" he asked worriedly. It didn't seem like he was planning to let this go unexplained, so she grabbed his wrist and lead him to a nearby room that was, thankfully, an empty bedroom.

She motioned for him to sit down on the bed. He scooted as close to her as he could, which set Yume off a bit, but her mind was too occupied to consider moving away. "Kureno's my meister... and, I'll admit, I dragged him here tonight against his will. But I didn't expect him to do something like this... It's not like we're in a relationship, but, this is so unlike him. I'm sure he's doing this to get back at me. I, I don't know, hearing it through a guy I don't even know was a little upsetting." She fought back most of the tears but a couple managed to escape the dam in her eyes. Kaname laid a hand on her knee to comfort her. "Hey, just forget about that jerk. It's obvious he doesn't care about you, otherwise he wouldn't have been all over that girl. You don't need him in your life." His grip on her knee became a little tighter. "You need another drink." And before she could object, he was out of the room, leaving her alone to stew in her thoughts. Apparently I'm not a very good judge of character... A few minutes later, an awfully long time to fetch just one drink, Kaname returned as he promised. He insisted that it would make her feel better, and the blonde wasn't in any mood to argue with him. His hand slid down to her lower back, and she could have sworn he inserted something into her pocket. The alcohol had greatly decreased her senses. "You don't need a womanizer in your life Yume. What you need, is a guy like me..." the brunette purred into her ear. One of his hands cupped her chin, while the other slowly started to unzip her dress. It had officially gone too far. She tried to pull away but Kaname would have none of that. The dress was now fully unzipped and had been taken off of her torso. He covered her mouth when she opened it to yell for someone. "You make any noise, and you'll regret it," he threatened her in an angry tone. She attempted to release her wrists from his grip but it was useless. He pushed his lips against her cheek, which sent chills down her spine. I'm really not a good judge of character after all... She looked around for some sort of escape route but none seemed to jump out at her. Her heart was beating so fast, she swore she could feel it coming out of her chest. Kaname ran a hand through her hair and commented on how soft it was. She just knew that this was the end for her.

Suddenly the bedroom door slammed open, revealing a tipsy male and female who were more than likely also looking for a vacant room. Kaname immediately sat himself up, giving Yume the chance to zip up her dress. "Oh hey guys! I've been looking for you all evening, finally I caught up with you!" Yume practically sprinted toward the pair to greet them, despite not having ever seen them before. She urged them out of the room to escape from Kaname, who she feared would come after her. She went straight for the front door and fast-walked back to the apartment. She didn't care if Kureno was still at the party, he would eventually leave on his own, if he hadn't already. The tears she held back before now came pouring out of her eyes. The alcohol left her clumsy and emotional, causing her to occasionally trip over a crack in the sidewalk. Her fast pace made the wind blowing against her a little chillier, cooling her off from her hot flash. Thankfully she made it back with no additional trouble, and it seemed that she was followed by no one. She stumbled to put the key in the hole of the apartment door. Not surprisingly, Kureno had made it back before she did. He was sitting casually on the couch with a book in his lap, seeming like he was waiting for her. There was no welcome in his expression. "Oh, so you actually had the nerve to come back here? I'm surprised all your stuff isn't gone by now," His voice was already raised, indicating his anger towards his partner. She was thoroughly confused. Sure they were a little mad at each other, but had he decided to kick her out? "W-what are youu talking about?" Yume noticed for the first time the slurring of her words. "Are you seriously still that angry at me?" The brunette slowly raised himself from the couch, shocked at her confusion. "You're wondering if I'm angry at you? After what you said to me? Then you're one hell of a fool, Miss Yume," Kureno chuckled. When Yume held onto her confused expression, he scoffed and began to walk toward his bedroom, stopping halfway. "What, are you too drunk to remember what you texted me at the party?" And a couple seconds later the door was slammed, leaving the girl alone in the living room. She didn't remember texting him, and she wasn't that drunk. She pulled out her phone from her back pocket. The lock screen revealed an unread text from him.

Well, if that's how you really feel, then don't bother coming home.

What could she have possibly done/said to receive such cruel words from her partner? She scrolled up to previous texts, and suddenly everything clicked. She knew she felt Kaname slipping something into her pocket earlier. It was her phone. He had taken it when she wasn't paying attention and must have texted Kureno pretending to be her. Originally he had texted her:

I'm leaving. Are you coming with me?

And "Yume" replied back with:

No, no I'm not. You are the biggest asshole I've ever met. I don't even know why I chose to be partners with you. Just leave me alone. Don't bother talking to me ever again.

She suddenly gave Kureno every right to be angry with her, but she also remembered that she had a right to be mad at him. Before entering her room for the night, she pounded the door once to make sure he heard her. "I hope you and Miho had fun with each other!" Her voice cracked. And another door slammed.

((woah, been a while since they've been this mad at each other... It makes me sad but slightly giddy too... xD I need to be put down. Geez this was a long post! I left it open so that you could have Kureno do whatever you think he would do after hearing what she said. It's very rewarding to write these long posts, actually!))

Last edited by theblonde-one on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:31 pm

((OMG FAB UR FAB but bruh poor Yume....if she ever tells Kureno about that, he's gonna feel like dirt for being so rude to her once she finally got home >.<''''' but yeah omg like im almost surprised they are this mad at each other like i feels like they were doing so well xDDD not that I'm saying your post was bad--it was perf, totally made sense!! It's just I like didn't really put it together in my head how much this would affect them...but i love it >:3 ))

~k u r e n o~

Kureno was fuming in his room after having stormed in after the slight confrontation in the living room. He ran his hands through his hair in frustration, messing it all up, and let himself fall face-first onto his bed, his head flopping into the pillow. Moments later, there was a pounding on his door, followed by Yume's harsh words. His lip twitched as he fought the urge to yell back at her. That had been a low blow--she had been the one throwing herself at him, as usual! But of course the rumours had circulated, distorting the true story in favour of the popular jock who was probably either too drunk, too embarrassed, or both, to admit he'd needlessly picked a fight with someone as un-bulky as Kureno and had let him get away. Instead of barking back a biting insult, he buried his head further in his pillow for a moment, cringing into it as he heard another door slam, presumably Yume's bedroom door. He roughly lifted himself from the bed, grasping his doorknob in a tight grip and wrenching it open, taking the couple steps that put him teetering on the edge of his toes in front of her door, his hand half-raised. For some reason, he paused, and after a few seconds, let out a sigh that was a heavy mixture of frustration and annoyance, and although he didn't want to admit it, regret.

The meister found himself shrugging on his heavier coat, putting on jeans that would protect his legs from the cold better than his thinned-from-use-sweatpants, slipped the apartment key into his pocket, and leaving the apartment behind in a wake of emotions tumbling together like watercolours on paper. Throughout the night, his hand had reached for his phone almost of it's own accord, his eyes scanning for any messages from Yume--but each time he found his lock picture staring back at him uninterrupted, and chastised himself for being a fool, shoving his phone back in his pocket with dying vigour each time. A couple of times he tried to fall asleep on one of the many benches in the park, feeling no motivation to walk back and preferring his quiet, lone, dark world of the star-lit winter night. Sleep refused to find him, however hard he searched for it that night. Still, the time seemed to bleed away like sand through his fingers, as fleeting as the memories that flashed through his mind of himself and Yume, what he could have done differently or maybe what he should have done, but it stirred no emotion in him that night. He felt blank in this darkness that surrounded him, walking alone on a path even he couldn't see. Everything felt so far away, and he thought idly to himself that perhaps the forever-lingering claws of depression had finally gotten a hold of him again, after so long. He didn't know how many cigarettes he had that night, but he was glad he'd had a little over a third of them left when he had walked out of the door earlier that night. Eventually, as the world started to lighten again, but before the sun began warming the walkways, Kureno's feet found their way on the path to the apartment. He clumsily unlocked the door, his fingers lazy from tiredness and the cold. He stumbled over the threshold, kicking off his shoes and letting his jacket fall against the coatrack. Closing the door with a kick backwards, the meister allowed himself to walk forward until his legs hit the side of the couch, and leaned forward until he tipped onto the cushions, exhaling deeply. He didn't care if she would be mad at him when she woke up and saw him there, if she would be insulted by his presence in a room where she couldn't really avoid unless she had stashed food in her room at some point. He felt like his anger had bubbled down into hopelessness, and he couldn't understand why. His last thought before he finally fell asleep, as the clock ticked to 6:00 am on the wall nearby, was 'I wonder if she'll leave me...'

((SOOOO yeah basically yeah. I didn't really know what to write. heheh ^^''''' but like he'll probably be more aggravated at the situation once he wakes up, but basically he's kind of like 'why should she believe what i say about this [the miho incident] if she hates me so much' and blah blah blah because he still doesn't know that it wasn't her that texted that and he's like whut why am i not furious at her i don't understand and it's basically just because he's kind of shut down because his mind can't really handle the possibility of losing another partner that he cares about I guess? Whoa i just now thought that could be the reason. I guess I just wrote stuff and didn't think about why my mind was like 'write this' and so i guess that's why? yeh. sure. let's go with that. yes. ANYWAYS hope that's okay@!!!!~~~ <3333))
Back to top Go down
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:42 am

((I hate and love it when they're mad at each other... Pretty sure there's something wrong with me xD ^^'  mis-communication is one of the most aggravating things in my opinion. I just wanna grab both of them by the shoulders and shake them and be like "JUST MAKE UP ALREADY IT'S A MISUNDERSTANDING" <3))

~ y u m e ~

Yume remained still for a while, back against the door and resting all of her weight on the door, attempting to process the evening's events. Once she had completely slid down to the floor due to mentally wandering off to another place, she struggled her way back to a standing position and snapped back to reality. She peeled off her dress and threw it behind her bed, wanting to banish any reminders from the horror she experienced. She didn't even contain enough energy to grab some pajamas from across the room, so she decided to plant herself under the covers in just a bra and underwear. Tears were escaping her eyes but she felt no extreme sadness, anger, or frustration. There was actually no feeling inside her. She felt like a hollow shell, empty and serving no purpose. Hoping that a few hours of sleep would help cure this little episode of depression, Yume turned off the light and managed to fall asleep fairly quickly. Unfortunately, she was continually haunted by nightmares and woke up from each one drenched in sweat and heart racing. This continued throughout the early morning until the weapon gave up on her attempts to rest. Her phone read 8:43 a.m., which was much earlier than she normally liked to awaken on weekends. She wondered if Kureno was awake as well, and if his sleeping session had gone better than hers. Her anger towards him still resided in her but it seemed to have diminished a bit since last night. Normally she would have strayed from her bed and knocked on his door, doing everything she could to apologize for her harsh comment the night before. But this morning, she couldn't find the will to do anything that involved stepping out of bed. There was no motivation to start the day. For the next few hours she scrolled through her social media sites on her phone, still tucked under the covers and curled up in a ball. When the afternoon came around, Yume was startled by a faint knock on her door, and it couldn't have been anyone else but her partner. It wasn't so much that she refused to answer the door, but rather she didn't want to deal with what might become of the situation if she were to open the door. They were currently in a fight, and the thought of confronting Kureno right now was completely displeasing. The sound of footsteps walking away indicated that he quickly gave up on reaching out to his partner. About a minute after Kureno retreated to wherever he came from, Yume dragged herself out of bed long enough to put some pajamas on. Her heart wanted to walk out and hug her partner and forget about every harsh word exchanged between them, but her head reminded her that she had every reason to still be angry with him. True he has every right to speak to whoever he pleases. But throwing himself at some girl he barely knows when he's already dedicated to a partner? Not to mention the confusion of where they stood in their relationship. And after what she went through last night, the last thing she needed was to be spoken so cruelly to by none other than Kureno. Of course he couldn't have known what happened without her explanation, but was it not obvious how rough of a condition she was in after entering the apartment? Suddenly a new wave of anger flooded over her along with a new batch of tears, this time because of sadness, anger and frustration. If it had gone any further last night... The blonde silently thanked the random couple for spontaneously entering the room she and Kaname inhabited, saving her from whatever the creep had up his sleeve. He seemed a bit old to be a student, which was a lifesaver for Yume. And he didn't know where she lived, so thankfully last night was the first and last time she would ever see him. The hours of the day passed by without a second thought, and still Yume did not leave her room. And still no further attempt from her partner to speak with her, which was a blessing. The empty feeling from the night before did not go away, but instead seemed to grow a little bit stronger as the day carried on. There were so many emotions and thoughts swarming around in her head that it was easier to completely shut down and feel nothing at all. It had been a while since she felt like this. Her parents' deaths had caused a similar episode but it didn't seem to last that long. Yume prayed that her current battle would end with the same fate.

((kinda a filler post I guess... But I think I got a good start on her depression. Also, I think in my previous post, I mentioned that Kaname was a student, but I decided that I don't want him to be a student, instead to just be some friend of a friend kind of thing. And I'll change that part in my previous post, of course. I was kinda thinking maybe later in the RP I could bring him up again, like he could somehow figure out where she lives and stirs up more trouble (and then maybe Kureno to the rescue? <3) But yeah. Also I hope you don't mind that I had Kureno knock on her door once. I figured he could kinda have a bit of motivation to make up with his partner but then when she doesn't answer the door he's just like 'screw it I don't care' or something like that. I hope you enjoyed my filler post ^^'))
Back to top Go down
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:57 pm

((yeah hun it's fiiiineee <:)and yeeees that sounds great >:3 and sillyface of course i don't mind <333 hahs yes<3))

~k u r e n o~

Kureno blearily opened his eyes, face buried in the couch cushions. He groaned, then lifted his head to see if he could discern any signs of his partner having woken yet. Against his hopes, he found no note to him on the coffee table asking to talk with him, no text waiting on his phone screen lamenting about the fight or even yelling at him. He'd take anything right now. Anything but this. The meister's feet carried him outside Yume's door, and he lifted a hand to knock on her door, hesitating for a few moments before letting his knuckles lightly but firmly knock against the wood. He stood there, staring blankly at the grain of her door. He blinked back to awareness, wondering how long he'd stood there waiting. 'Whatever,' he thought to himself, scowling at the door separating him from the girl beyond, 'this is ridiculous.'

He didn't see Yume at all that day. Not once. She must've waited to go to the bathroom until he had drifted off on the couch at some point, because he could have sworn he awoke to the sound of her door closing again. He wondered if she'd eaten that day, and then he wondered if he had. He rose from his position and shrugged on a coat, stepping outside to get some air and maybe grab a bite to eat. The meister walked quietly through the streets of Death City, deciding upon stopping by a little cafe to get a small sandwich to sustain himself. On his way back, he took a shortcut through the alleyways, trying to stay alert past the thoughts tumbling in his brain. He was just about to turn the corner through the last alley until he was back on a more prominent street when he heard a voice behind him. The dark-haired meister tensed, crumpling the sandwich wrapper in his fist, and turned slowly. "Shit, Kureno, that you man?" The young man who approached him had mid-length light brown hair, tired golden eyes with dark circles beneath them, and an almost dangerously thin body. His clothes hung off him even worse than Kureno remembered. He blinked twice, gathering his bearings, and replied with wide eyes, "B-Bete? Yeah it's...it's me..." the other young man laughed a painful sounding sort of coughing-laugh, clapping his hands on Kureno's shoulders. "Man, I thought you were dead in a ditch somewhere, bud!" Kureno breathed out a laugh, "I could say the same about you..." Bete stepped back, getting a good look at him. "Damn Kureno, you look good! Too bad I don't swing the other way!" they laughed again, Kureno's a breathy, embarrassed laugh and Bete's a hearty one but full of the misuse his body showed. "Thanks, Bete..." he mumbled, and Bete put an arm around his shoulders, beginning to lead him down a side alley. "Hey, listen man, I got some new pals you gotta meet! You'd like 'em, they're funny people. Remember that time when--ah what was his name? Aito? somethin' like that--brought those girls to us?" Another laugh. "Man, that was a fun night. Well, probably. I don't remember a thing!" Louder laugh this time. "Hey, I've been thinking--" Kureno ducked away from Bete, looking at his old friend with sad eyes. "Bete, I...I don't..." The blond turned to look at him, dropping his hands. "I figured. Don't remember ever seein' you look this good. That's...too bad though..." Both boys stood with eyes downcast, the damp and dank alley air seeping into their bones. Then, Bete stepped towards him again, gently putting a hand on his shoulder. "Well, lemme at least give ya some of this then," he slipped a small package into Kureno's pocket, as the dark-haired meister's eyebrows shot up in shock, hands shaking as he desperately fished through his pocket to shove the packet back into his old dealer's hands. "Bete, I told you, I don't--" a thin hand covered raised, a small smile on Bete's face. "Nah man, this one's free. Think of it as...a memento. To times past, yeah? ...Anyways, I gotta get goin'. Can't stay in one place for too long, ya know?" and with one last shoulder pat and a wink, the blond clumsily sauntered off into the shadows of the alley, leaving Kureno staring ahead with a small handful of white tissue paper, which wrapped away little tablets of a past he'd tried to forget.

((WEEEEEEEEEEE hope that's okay gosh. idk how i feel about it but yeah? Razz I might edit it later idk. I'll let you know<3 but HERE IT IS FOR NOW *throws*))
Back to top Go down
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Thu May 07, 2015 5:51 pm

((Kureno you are making a bad decision and you know it... Sad <3 I think this plot choice has a lot of potential, super excited for it! Then again, I'm always super duper excited for anything that happens in our RP ^^))

~ y u m e ~

Yume wasn't surprised to hear the front door open and close. She knew Kureno well enough that she guessed he would eventually become frustrated with their current relationship and practically stomp out of the apartment for some time to himself. Half of her wanted him to temporarily move out, and the other half of her craved his presence. If nothing else, at least she had a bit of freedom to wander the apartment without any fear of confrontation. But most of all, her self esteem had plummeted into rock bottom since last night. After a day's consideration, Yume decided not to tell her partner about last night's events. At least for now. He would more than likely react negatively and it was much too soon for her to receive any negative emotions directly. The blonde knew it was not a wise decision to skip out on food for the entire day, but the thought of it caused unsettling noises in her stomach. She inhabited the same exact spot on her bed the entire day, only moving when absolutely necessary. If she hadn't sneaked out of her room to use the bathroom when Kureno had dozed off, most could assume that she lay dead in her room.

Around an hour later, Yume decided to make one more trip to the bathroom before Kureno returned home. She washed her hands, wiped them on the towel lying on the counter and practically dragged herself back to her room. But not before an unexpected and unwanted spotting of her by her partner. He had opened the front door the same time she had opened the bathroom door, causing the worst timing. She saw him out of the corner of her eye but continued walking, not quite ready for confrontation yet. Oh no... Please let me return to my room in peace... "Yume... Yume!" Kureno voiced her name, attempting to get her to stop. "Yume you can't hide from me forever." It almost sounded like a threat. Before she knew it, a hand had suddenly firmly gripped her wrist, and it was obvious it was not about to let go. Yet she still did not turn around. The hand gripping her was slightly trembling. "Yume... Please, talk to me. Let me explain myself, and I'll allow you to do the same," Now the grip had loosened somewhat. Kureno's brief phase of hostility had ended. The weapon was slightly pulled closer to her meister. Since his grip on her was no longer tight, she pulled away her hand with no effort. "I...can't..." she whispered, hoping it was loud enough for Kureno to hear. And with that, she returned to her room, never to be seen again until who knew when.

((yeahhhhhh... I figured I had to have something to happen Razz I hope I didn't make Kureno seem too hostile. I wasn't sure what you were gonna do with the tablets, so I guess he could have taken some and they made him act strangely, or he's just that upset about everything. Whatever you wanna do, of course! I hope you like ^^))
Back to top Go down
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Thu May 07, 2015 10:22 pm

((same same same!!! <333 it's gonna be a rough and emotional next few months for our babies ;-;;;; <3333 and OF COURSE I LIKED i agree. I'm glad something happened cuz something had to ^^' <33 :* ))

~k u r e n o~

Kureno's hand felt cold as Yume slipped herself out of his grasp, pulling her arms around herself as she retreated into her room and shut the door between them. He stood for a moment, unmoving, remembering the way her hands curled around her arms in desperation for comfort, and somewhere in his mind he wished it could be him comforting her. That's what he's supposed to do, right? He's her meister. That's it. But that's enough. Isn't it? It has to be.

Kureno stepped forward, steeling himself, and knocked on the door evenly. "Yume--" his voice was quiet and it broke, so he cleared his throat and tried again, "Yume, come on. This is stupid. It's just another of our ridiculous fights, right? It's...Can I...try and fix it...?" there was no response. He let his head fall against the blue wood of her door, his flat hand against the wood clenching into a fist as the seconds ticked by without any breath of a response. Now that he had no distraction of his weapon, nothing around that could capture his attention like that, his mind kept turning back to the tablets in his pocket, their insignificant weight pulling him down to the center of the earth. The meister squeezed his eyes shut and furrowed his brow, angrily rubbing his fingers along the bridge of his nose, trying to drown out what was happening to him. He didn't want it. He knew he didn't. But it was right there. So easy. And Yume didn't talk to him. Maybe she never would. 'Maybe this is how I can get her to again...' as soon as the thought flashed across his mind he felt ashamed and dirty. It would be cruel. Wrong. Wrong to force her to him by digging himself a hole he might never be able to get out of again. Part of him knew he was just trying to give himself an excuse. His thoughts chased each other, until he couldn't take it anymore. His fists balled tighter, and he slammed them against the wooden door with a loud CRACK! and his voice was raised as he yelled at everything around him--it probably wasn't even directed at Yume at this point, but at himself. "FINE!! I don't care anymore! I'm so--I'm so tired of this!" his voice broke, and a sob he didn't know was creeping up on him broke from his tightening throat. His hand crammed into his pocket, angrily grabbing that smooth plastic bag, hating it, hating knowing it had won. "I'm just....so tired..." he murmured, eyes downcast, feeling more tired than he remembered feeling in a long time. His feet dragged him to his room, until he reached his bed and fell into his pillow. Kureno rolled over to his back, just lying there. His hand fished out the bag from his pocket, lifting it above his head, far above, the light shining through the plastic and sending a familiar sheen across the little tablets. His arm fell back down, thumping against his forehead, half covering his eyes as he sighed. Dark hair mussed, jacket and shoes still on; Kureno fell asleep with that little bag clenched in his fist, and dreamt of times he'd forgotten in messy, abandoned buildings and leaky alleyways, faces that had slipped his mind as soon as he'd seen them, people scattering and falling as he ran as well, clumsy racing through dangerous neighbourhoods from flashing red and blue lights. And when he woke he still would not remember.

((YEP there we go. *screams* i kinda don't want them to like sink too far too fast, so if you wanted we could like skip a few weeks or maybe even do it like journal entries like [tbh i don't even remember what month we were supposed to be in but this is just an example]
March 5 -- He still resisted. There was a rip in the bag. He couldn't remember if he'd done it intentionally, or had accidentally ripped it somehow. He'd searched the floor and his pocket in a panic before he realised all the tablets were still safe in the plastic, and placed it safely on his dresser. For now.
March 9 -- The plastic bag was gone now. They lay there, all thirteen of them, small and unseeming on the dark wood of the dresser. He caught himself looking that way more often than anywhere else, recently.
March 16 -- He'd tried. He'd really tried. Pale hands shook as he reached for one of the little tablets. Would thirteen become twelve? He knew they wouldn't last long. Once he gave in, it wouldn't be long. It never was.
AND THEN LIke go from there? like if I was writing that and wanted to pick up on the 16th I could, and the rest of my post would follow that, or I could keep skipping around and we could kind of do that? Just because idk. It's gonna be a lot of drowning in themselves and feeling helpless and feeling nothing and sitting and making bad decisions but like it shouldn't all happen too quick so I feel like that might be a good way to make it a realistic length? Idk. What do you think??? ANYWAYS hope it was aliright!!! <3333))
Back to top Go down
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Wed May 13, 2015 6:14 pm

((That's a wonderful idea!! I would have never thought of that. Yeah let's do that!))

~ y u m e ~

February 27-- A few days since her last encounter with her partner. The one where he'd slammed his hands on her door, striking fear in her stomach. She still did everything she could to avoid him when they both remained indoors, but when it was absolutely necessary for her to leave her room, she didn't let his presence stop her. Her meals were already down to two a day.

March 2-- Her stomach was not happy with her today. It kept yelling at her to feed herself, but she struggled to think of anything that sounded appetizing. A couple knocks sounded earlier in the day, and again she did not face him.

March 4-- She spoke two words to Kureno today, more than she had in the last week. He had asked her if she wanted some dinner, and she quietly responded "No thanks" on her way back to her room. Yume wasn't sure if his loud sigh was on purpose or if he was truly that displeased. Only one meal today, and it had already been hours since then.

March 7-- Her first suicidal thought today. It didn't linger for very long, but it was the first of many to come. Yume looked at her phone and the dozens of texts waiting for her, mostly consisting of "Are you okay?" and "Where have you been?" texts from Maka and Tsubaki. She hadn't attended a single class since the party. There were plenty of consequences to come because of this but her will to function outside her room had vanished without a trace.

((okay I know this is super short but I haven't quite decided what actual event I want to happen next. I might pick up on one of the entries I just wrote or I might continue on with new ones. Who knows. But yeah for real, this is a cool idea! <3))
Back to top Go down
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Wed May 13, 2015 11:05 pm

((yeh that's totally fine!!! hah understandable ^^' :3 <3333 damn i forgot that meant she would miss classes. shit this is gonna be roughhh for them. <//////3))

~k u r e n o~

February 26 -- Thank God, or whoever, it was the weekend. He didn't know if he could handle going back to school like this. He wondered if Yume would. Hoped so, maybe then he could fix things. He could try to be better.

March 1 -- He thinks he might've missed the first couple days of school, judging by the texts he got, but he mostly slept through it anyways. Wouldn't have missed much.

March 5 -- Yume'd spoken to him yesterday. Two words. He knew she was doing bad. He knew she wouldn't let him in. He knew those tablets were waiting for him. He'd resisted, but kept them in his pocket until several days later. He'd found a rip in the bag as he was studying the plastic, toying with the tablets as he lay atop his bed. He'd frantically searched his pockets and all about his room before he realised that all tablets were still safe in the bag. He placed them on his dresser, all thirteen, and threw the plastic away. He wasn't worried about Yume seeing them. She hardly left her room anymore. Sometimes he forgot. Forgot she was even there, when nothing seemed to matter and he was merely drowning in the empty chasm of his mind.

March 9 -- He'd been skipping some days of school, but still going when he remembered. Their friends had asked where Yume was with worried expressions, and how he was--questions he always avoided and quickly changed the subject. Even Stein had cornered him today, after everyone else had left for home. It had started out fine, but when Kureno wouldn't say anything, Stein began insinuating that they weren't in a good place. He wasn't wrong. He knew Yume wasn't, and he knew he was falling. But he still got mad. He still heard the loud slam of the door as he'd raced out of the classroom. When he'd gotten home he'd locked his bedroom door, grabbed one of the tablets, and collapsed on his bed. His hand shook as he held the little chalky thing above him. He didn't know what happened until morning--the tablet lay untouched on his nightstand, thirteen of the twelve others laying on his dresser. He'd merely fallen asleep. But it wouldn't be long now.

March 12 -- The days blurred together. It was strange. It felt like it'd been years but at the same time, he felt he'd never left that dirty alley surrounded by strangers all getting high off various drugs, shrugging as he downed more drugs and alcohol to join them. When he got home, he saw he had eight left. As the night turned into the morning, he had six left on the dark wood of his dresser top. He hadn't been to school for four days, and he knew he had messages from their friends and the school as his phone buzzed with voicemail and text notifications. He didn't really care though.

March 21 -- He'd already met Bete once more to get restocked. The dealer had seemed surprised to see him, and friendly as ever. Kureno knew he wasn't actually surprised. He'd only left for maybe twenty minutes, and he was quiet as he closed the door to the apartment and stashed his drugs in his room before heading to the restroom. That was where he found her, sitting fully clothed in the bathtub, scalding water pounding down on her out of the shower head, her soaked blonde hair dripping water down her face so that he wasn't really sure if she was crying or not. Redness welled on her arms where the knife she'd taken from the kitchen had cut her skin. The water washed it away quickly, but not quick enough. Kureno could hardly breathe.
Back to top Go down
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:35 am

((ah gods my heart pains for them <////3 like for real my heart hurts a bit after rereading the last couple posts. That's how you know a fanfic/roleplay is that good ;3))

~ y u m e ~

March 21 -- Yume still wasn't entirely sure how she ended up in the tub with a knife in her hands and blood running down her arms and staining the tub, along with the hot water irritating her fresh wounds. After a few minutes of carving herself, her entire body went numb, and the cutting continued merely for the hell of it. There was no reason to continue, but there also was no reason to stop. Kureno walked in about ten minutes after she had entered, but her actions continued regardless of his appearance. Her blank stare at the bottom of the tub remained, not bothering to even look her partner in the eye for any explanation of the situation he found her in. A few seconds passed by before she felt hands on her back shifting her slightly forward so that the shower knobs could be turned off, but the tears replaced the water in keeping her skin warm. She leaned her head against the wall so that she could remain comfortably in the position she was in. Once the knife was being removed from her grip, this is when she first started to fight back, attempting to keep her grip on the weapon with the tiny amount of strength she had left in her. The weapon lost the battle quick, which caused the fountain in her to overflow even more. "Just leave me here to die... Then you'll have the place to yourself again, isn't that, what you wannnn..." The blonde trailed off at the end due to however much blood she had lost. She tried to fight back when she was being lifted out of the tub but her efforts were useless. Next thing she knew, there were bandages being wrapped around her arms and her wet clothes were being replaced with dry ones. Yume wondered if Kureno had been saying anything to her. The world was hazy and the last twenty minutes or so were more than fuzzy. She was placed on the couch with a blanket covering her body, and it took her until just now to realize how exhausted she felt. Her eyes closed without consent. Some amount of time later, unknown to Yume since there was no time-telling device near her, she cracked open her eyes to catch Kureno across the room pouring out a small pile of white pills into his hand from a little plastic bag, and then proceeding to swallow said pills. She then shut her eyes again, hoping that he didn't see that she was temporarily awake. Deciding it was best to deal with the matter later, she let herself drift off yet again.

March 22 -- Yume didn't open her eyes again until the next morning. Same as last time, she woke up to Kureno, asleep in the chair across the room in what looked like an extremely uncomfortable position. She guessed he had fallen asleep keeping an eye on her, as if she was admitted in a hospital. The bandages on her arms were fairly soaked and needed to be changed. The events of yesterday slowly were coming back to Yume in tiny fragments. When she found the strength to sit herself up, she decided to change her bandages. About to take the first step off the couch, a hand gently pressed down on her chest to return her to lying down. Her partner had awoken. "What do you need?" a clearly concerned Kureno asked. "Um... new bandages..." she showed her soiled bandages to her partner to verify her request. He wasted no time in retrieving the first aid kit. No eye contact was exchanged while Kureno played doctor. The weapon was attempting to decipher her meister's emotions. Was he just worried about her? Was he furious at what he found yesterday? Both? Now didn't seem like the best time for questions. He wasn't hammering her with them, and she wasn't jumping to do the same to him. Once Yume was freshly patched up, the supplies were placed back into the box and the box was returned to its normal spot in the bathroom. He retrieved her phone for her without her asking. She whispered thanks to him, unsure if he heard it or not. There were a couple more "Where are you?" texts and notifications waiting for her, and she decided she was not ready to face anything beyond the apartment. A glass of water was placed next to her by him. He pushed it a bit closer to her as if to say "Please drink it." She followed his silent request. He placed himself back in the chair across from her, and for the first time in who knew how long, they made eye contact. Yume had never seen so much fear in her partner's eyes. Her heart ached for him, finally realizing how much distress she must have caused him. "You deserve a better partner..." Yume plainly stated, not bothering to look at him when she said this. The tears started up once again.
Back to top Go down
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:13 pm

((AOEGNAIPWJGKHAWIU TABV8RTGUUUUUUUUANOE RIGNEIURHYANGERVHJHYAGCETJERMTUCNOAEIUVTHNAUECHOTIUVAECTMAAEITUH IEUHA WITHAIWHTA WITNAYAE YAEYAERY A WTAWETGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGATWE RFAWGWAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
...That is all.

BAM moments of weakness. Everywhere.))

~k u r e n o~

Kureno's past 24 hours had been the most eventful he'd had in a long time. Too eventful for his tastes. It had also probably been the longest amount of time he'd gone without taking another pill every other hour. That might be a good thing though. By the time he woke up and got Yume her bandages and phone, his hands were beginning to shake with the need. He tried to ignore it though. Yume was more important. Right?
At her words, Kureno's shaking hands formed fists, and every muscle in his body tensed. 'That's what I was going to say...you...I'm the...bad one...' but emotions he'd been drowning in drug hazes for weeks were a lot for him to take, so his hands reached up to his forehead to rub with force, breathing intensely with eyes squeezed shut to stop any tears from leaking through. "No I--" his voice broke with disuse, throat too dry and brain too hazy. He tried again, stumbling over words, half formed apologies and excuses and explanations and questions all jumbling in his brain into short angry words. His twitching fist slammed down on the arm of the chair, cursing as it hit. He knew Yume flinched. He felt it, saw it out of the corner of his eyes, and made him feel even lower than he did already. "Goddammit, goddammit it all..." he finally breathed out, tears leaking unbidden from his eyes. How had this mess even started? With that pathetic excuse for a party and that foolish argument. She must really think he hates her. She must still hate him. He still remembered that text from her, words that had sent a knife through his heart and a chill in his soul. I don't even know why I chose to be partners with you. Don't bother talking to me ever again.' What had he done, did she always hate him so? "I'll be damned if I don't care for you anyway..." the last sentence came out as a whisper, and his shoulders shook as he fought to keep back the sobs. Had...had he brought her to hurt herself in such ways?

Kureno braced himself and, using both hands to lift his body from the armchair, made his way over to her side, clumsily lowering himself down on the floor beside the couch. He already felt weak from his drug abuse and malnutrition and dehydration of the past couple weeks, but he didn't care. He didn't really even know how he'd been able to lift her out of the tub, but he thanked his former self for having kept in decent physical shape so that his declining body could still do some things. He hoped she didn't notice the way his hands shook with something other than sorrow, and he hoped she thought the pain in him was from their situation and not from dire need for anything small and white kept in a bag. Right now he just wanted to focus on her, and he had to dig his fingernails into his arm to keep his mind on the lost girl on his couch. "I...Please don't...don't ever think that I..." he had to break eye contact with her, he had to. He couldn't... "I...can't..." No, he had to tell her. He looked up at her again, two lost souls with no idea how they got where they were right then, or how to get back to the light. "Y-you are the best...best thing that's happened to me in--" he broke off as a coughing fit, hollow and deathly sounding even to him, ripped through his chest. He averted himself from her, coughing into his arm as his other hand wrapped around his abdomen. He sucked in a breath as soon as it was done and his wide eyes locked back with hers. "I don't want you to leave!" his voice was louder now, higher with emotion and threatening to break as tears streamed down his face. At some point one of his hands found one of hers. He lamented her, he lamented himself, he lamented them and what they had become and what they had lost and whether they would ever get back to what they were. "I never have, no matter--no matter how much I pretend I...I don't know what to do..." he let his head fall onto the couch cushion by her shoulder, one thin, sickly hand gripping hers as hard as he could, still shaking, and the other formed in a tight fist on his thigh. "How...how did we...I know you might hate me, I know, I know...and if you want to leave you can leave, but...please let me fix you first, let me help, please please just..." he raised his eyes to hers once more, grey on green, hollow with darkness but shining with sorrow, tears streaming down cheeks, "...Please..."
Back to top Go down
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:35 am

((jkfdjaklfjdasklghdsaklvjdakvndjk kcx kcihvoidshfiodsbvkdsbvkldnvkldnvkldlkfj GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I HATE YOU AND I LOVE YOU I ALWAYS SAY THIS BUT LAST POST WAS FANTUCKINGFASTIC. KGJFDLKJBLKFDSJKFLDJGKLFDJGLKFDJG))

~ y u m e ~

Yume guessed she was the first one that Kureno revealed any tears to, and a tiny sense of honor tingled inside her, amidst the possibly most serious moment they've ever shared. His tears acted as an obnoxious alarm, notifying the weapon for the first time how dangerous the situation she had put herself in, was. The hand that her partner wasn't already gripping tightly shifted to the balled up fist pressing into her thigh and gripped it as tight as she could. The weapon and meister remained here for a couple minutes, only the sound of stuffed up noses sniffling echoing throughout the still apartment. It was her that broke the silence. "I can't believe you'd think I hate you." There was a hint of a chuckle in her words as she tried to lighten the mood. Kureno was not phased by her attempted humor. When he didn't stir, she brought both hands to his face and cupped his cheeks while looking deep into his grey eyes. "I'm... so, so sorry. For what I said after the party, for ignoring you all this time. For... for, forcing you to see me at my weakest point, something I will always be ashamed of and regret for the rest of my life. I'm sorry." Yume ran her hands down the sides of his face and released him, and he did the same to her. "I just... hate myself for letting you slip through my fingers so easily. For letting you become so destructive to yourself That, is something I will regret for the rest of my life..." Grey eyes gazed into green. This earned a blow of air through the nose of his partner. "Like I'm the only one that's become destructive," Yume retorted as she reached into his pant pocket and pulled out the small bag of white pills. He looked down to the floor in disappointment, much like a dog when they know they've done something bad. No explanation from him, as expected. Only a short supply of eye contact. A sigh from Yume and continuing silence from Kureno. They again remain in the same position for a couple minutes before words are exchanged again. "Don't fucking scare me like that again..." Kureno smirked, the hint of snark in his voice back again. It was then that Yume realized how much she would give up if it meant hearing that smart ass tone only one more time in her life.

This was the last exchange between them for a while, the day carrying on with silence besides the occasional "Need something?" from Kureno. Yume remained on the couch while Kureno took to the chair across the room. They both knew their conversation was far from over, but their previous words still burned in each other's brains, too much for further discussion. Later in the night, around 9:30 p.m., they spoke again, sitting in their usual spots. "So, about those texts sent that night..." Kureno began, "Why did you feel the need to be such an ass towards me?" The snark returned. "Oh, that wasn't me that was..." And suddenly the painful memories reappeared in her head, like a bullet piercing through her brain. It felt as if it all happened yesterday. Kureno quickly lowered his head, questioning why she hadn't finished her response. "That wasn't me who sent that text. It was... a guy named Kaname. I met him at the party, and he must have stolen my phone temporarily and decided to text you as a joke... Funny, huh?" Yume tried to laugh and pass off the matter as merely a past event with no significance, but her efforts proved to be a failure. "How did that jerk steal your phone?" Kureno's face was taken over by a wave of seriousness. The weapon's stomach turned and she wanted nothing more than to rip out the stuffing of the couch cushions that she sat upon. She swallowed hard. "When he tried to rape me..."
Back to top Go down
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:32 am

((GOD FUCKING FUCK FCKFUKACEFKJKECAJOETNA;WEKF DAMMIT WHY I HATE YOU OH GODDDDHAUIFJWENGIWAKGHWAEGWAE FUCKKKKKK))

~k u r e n o~

Of all the things he was prepared to hear from Yume next, that was definitely not one of them. He felt the room swirl a bit--though he wasn't totally sure if it wasn't because of his substance abuse or entirely the words that were banging around in his head now. He lowered his head to his hands, fingers lacing in the messy dark strands of his bangs. Anger, fear, sadness, and...guilt. All of them came crashing against him like a tidal wave and if it wasn't for the girl who had lived through the horrible experience, sitting on his couch and waiting for him to say something or do something, he probably would have just spiraled deep right there. Finally, after what felt like hours but could have only been a few seconds, Kureno raised his head. He didn't know what emotion was shown in his eyes, on his face, but he rose from his chair, and crossed the room to her. His shin painfully bumped the coffee table but he ignored it. He stopped a respectful distance from her and pitifully gestured to the couch, the space next to her. "...May I?" he met her eyes for a few moments, before she nodded, barely seeming like she was keeping everything together. He sat beside her, completely unsure. He had no idea what to do in such a situation, no idea what he shouldn't do. Finally, he looked over at her. She was staring at the ground, but he knew she could see him out of the corner of her eye. He slowly, tentatively reached for her hand, making sure that if she wanted to reject him she would be able to. He carefully took her hand in his. She didn't meet his eyes, and he lowered his gaze to their hands after a few moments. "I...if you...want to talk about anything...or...if you need anything..." he swallowed hard, glancing up to her--still staring at the ground, but he could have sworn he saw a single tear fall from her face and splash onto the cloth of her blanket. "If you want to be alone, or if you need company..." he trailed off. What if she needed him, but he was locked in his room, too high to hear her, too high to care? What if he finally came back down and walked into the apartment to find her collapsed in a pool of her own blood? He couldn't bare it, felt something rising in his throat and distracted himself before anything could happen. He vowed to do better, he would, for her. He had to. He waited for her to say something, to drop his hand, anything. He wanted her to know that she had power. She controlled what happened next. That's what he told himself, anyway. In truth, he was too lost, too low, to contemplate what might happen to him now.
Back to top Go down
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:56 pm

((YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S AWFUL KJGKAL;GJKDANGKDLANGKDAHGKL;DJAK WE'RE JUST BOTH TERRIBLE AND AMAZING I LOVE US <33333))

~ y u m e ~

It was painfully obvious that Kureno was completely unaware of how to act in this situation, but Yume didn't blame him for anything. How does one know how to react when they hear what she plainly stated for the first time? She silently thanked him for his cautious approach to her words, rather than throwing a fit or simply walking away. Truth be told, she wasn't sure what to do in this moment. Saying it out loud forced her to realize what exactly had happened that night. The weapon made endless attempts to block out that dreadful night, figuring that if she could fail to remember it, then it could be considered something that never happened. All of those attempts were useless now. It was clear to everyone in the room what happened. And not only did the memories return, but so did the feelings. "If I hadn't been so goddamn drunk..." Her crying voice had already commenced. "This is my fault." And immediately after that statement, the grip her partner's hand had on hers tightened, which furthered her raging emotions. "Don't you dare say that," he growled (with good intentions, of course), "you have nothing to feel at fault for. It's that son of a bitch that should be feeling terrible and when I get my hands on him..." His one hand clenched tightly into a fist, thoughts of getting his revenge raging in his head, while the other hand carefully gripped his partner's hand to indicate his support for her. As if Yume hadn't been listening to her partner, she threw her head back and yelled "I JUST WANNA DIE!" at the top of her lungs, then let her head fall to her partner's shoulder and soiled his shirt with tears and snot. He brought her in closer to him and she didn't protest. She was aware of the fact that they had never been this close to each other before, or much else of the world around her at this moment. Kureno had managed to quiet her down after a few minutes of bawling and uncontrollable breathing by petting her head and smoothing out her hair and making soothing "shhh" noises. They sat in silence for at least an hour, neither one moving a muscle.

It was Kureno who stirred first, bring Yume to an upright position so that he could speak to her face to face. "I'll be damned if you think you can get rid of me this easily," Kureno's attempts of lightening the mood proved to be somewhat of a success, judging by the only half-forced smile on Yume's face. He took both of her hands in his. "Listen. We...well, we've seen each other at our worst, and probably at our best. And, I want you to know," he stopped, gathering what little strength he had left, and looked at her. He looked at her for what felt like the first time in months, and she looked at him. "I'm here, and I'm with you. I'll never leave. I promise, I promise. Even if...even if it seems like I'm upset or being a general asshole," he breathed out a smile in spite of himself, and her teary-eyed one was definitely worth it, "I swear to you I won't ever stop caring. At least..." he finally lowered his voice, and added just quiet enough that maybe she wouldn't hear, "...not about you." He stayed there, waiting. He didn't have to wait long. Kureno was almost toppled over with the force that hit him. Her thin arms were thrown around him and she threw herself into his unsteady form, which had been leaning toward her in attempts to comfort. Her tackle had surprised him enough that he fell back against the couch cushions behind him, and she fell with him. After a quiet sniffle, Yume righted herself, reaching out a hand to pull him up too, both of their faces a bit flushed from emotion and their close proximity. "I'm sorry I made you go through that," she said, and even though his eyes held pain, his smile held nothing but affection and joy for the girl before him. And for that, she couldn't thank him enough.

((I wasn't exactly sure how to end it, so I just left it open for interpretation. You know I'll be totally cool with whatever you decide to do next! <33))

Last edited by theblonde-one on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:32 pm

((Yesssss that was good though! I like how you were all 'yeah we'll totes get better' andthen in their minds its like 'mmmm this is gonna be a bitchhhhh' because truth.))

~k u r e n o~

They spent the next few days in relative ease, helping one another. He checked on her often. So often she was probably getting annoyed, but he was always greeting with a small smile and gentle eyes so he figured it wasn't to bad. A couple times she caught him high, so he started locking his door. Which made her more mad. He was trying. He was trying so hard. They always made up. She understood. And he understood when he saw new cuts on her arms. At least she wasn't dangerously close to ending her life right now. They were trying, and that was the best they could do right now. There were bad days, and there were better days when they could almost glimpse the light at the end of the tunnel. They both walked on eggshells some days, afraid to hope that they might actually be doing well. It had been several weeks since their big conversation, when Kureno was dozing on the couch trying to recover from his last dose the night before and the withdrawl he was currently going through due to Yume. His Weapon sat on the armchair, reading a book, obviously keeping an eye on him so he didn't sneak off. And he was keeping an eye on her. Everyday he discreetly searched for new marks. This morning he thought there had been a few more, but his mind has been hazy. They were sitting in silence, Kureno's eyes closed but his mind buzzing with thoughts floating in and out of the haze, and Yume busy distracting herself with her book. He wasn't sure if she was actually reading it, as he couldn't remember hearing a page turn for a while, but then again he wasn't paying that much attention to the book.

This was how they sat when there was a knock on the door. Kureno's eyes opened, looking to Yume, wondering if he'd imagined it. Yume was looking at him with an expression of confusion and slight curiosity in her dull eyes. After a few moments Yume rose and set her book down, heading towards the apartment door. Kureno flopped an arm over his eyes, sighing deeply, before mustering the energy to sit up and watch Yume's back just as she disappeared around the wall down the small hall to the door. He heard her turn the knob, and a gasp escaped her throat. What, or rather who, would surprise her now? Kureno wondered, but waited. He didn't have to wait long. There was the rustling of clothes on clothes, figuring the visitor and his Weapon were sharing a hug. Then he heard Yume's voice, confused, happy, sad, relieved, all at once. "Hibiki..."

((YEAH so i figured we might as well do that rn. so yeh. hope that's okay ^^' THAT WAS HIS NAME RIGHT??? I can change it obvi ^^' but i thought that was it Razz))

Last edited by WalkingWithBarefeet on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:41 am

((ohhhh my god I forgot we were gonna do this, NOW I'M SUPER EXCITED FKAFDKAS))

~ y u m e ~

Yume expected to see her dead parents at the door before she was expecting Hibiki. He and Kureno didn't exactly part on the best of terms, and showing up at his apartment like this wasn't about to completely smooth things over. Dressed in khaki shorts, a white baseball jersey t-shirt with teal 3/4 sleeves, red converse with dirty white laces, and a yellow rubber bracelet, he brought her into a tight hug, causing the weapon to cringe at another human's touch. Thankfully her meister came to the rescue and interrupted the hug with a greeting to his guest, intentionally or unintentionally Yume wasn't quite sure. "Kureno. Nice to see you," Hibiki lied as he put his hand out to meet Kureno's handshake. "How the hell did you find where I live?" The brunette skipped right to the point. "Asked around at the DWMA," Hibiki responded in a matter-of-fact tone, looking slightly hurt that he was already being questioned. This time, there was less enthusiasm to the blonde's aura. Kureno seemed to disappear from Hibiki's line of sight after their mini interrogation, regardless of the fact that they were within a few feet of each other. "It's good to see you Yume. I've been thinking about you a lot," the blonde grabbed both of her hands and placed them inside his. He gazed into her eyes, and while she did the same so as not to raise any suspicions from him, she pleaded silently that he would be unable to detect the absence of brightness in her eyes. Any other time, she would enjoy every second of his visit, despite however Kureno would feel about it. Unfortunately, her former friend had chosen the absolute worst time to pay her a visit. Her forced smile wasn't fooling him, though. "Is everything okay here?" Hibiki glanced to Kureno, frowning, assuming that whatever was wrong with Yume could be directly traced back to her partner. Yume figured it was no use trying to fool him. Although they hadn't been around each other much in the last couple years, he was still a pro at reading her face and knowing what she was feeling. Without saying anything, she grabbed him by the wrist and lead him into her bedroom to explain. What, exactly, she was going to explain to him, she was still unsure of. She already ran through everything once with Kureno; thinking about having to do it all again heightened her urge to activate her destructive habits. But, on the other hand, Hibiki would never stop asking until he knew everything that has happened since their last meeting. He was pushy, but he had good intentions. She sat him next to her on the bed, keeping as much distance between them before he would start to edge himself closer. Thankfully she had chosen to cover up as much of her body as she could with her clothes today, taking away Hibiki's chance to see her scars before she had a chance to explain. The male blonde held the same worried expression during all of his friend's explanation. She spared him most of the gory details, trying to leave out as much as she could, and completely left out the incident in the bathroom not too long ago, not wanting him to know just how bad things had gotten. He brought her into another hug after she was finished and just beginning to cry, not even considering the fact that human contact was very low on the list of things she wanted. But she quickly reminded herself that, again, he had good intentions. She gently pushed him away and explained "I'm not quite ready for other people to be this close to me just yet..." Yet somehow, she found herself completely comfortable having Kureno embrace her tightly a couple days ago... Hibiki nodded and simply patted her hands that rested on her thighs. "This, Kureno guy... You're positive that he has nothing to do with this?" It was clear that was looking for any reason to move her out of the apartment and away from her partner. Of course she didn't mention anything about his issues. As for having anything to do with her, well, she wasn't exactly sure if and where he fit into her self-destruction. True, he may not have ever hurt her, but he certainly never helped her either. Regardless, she would be dead before she let anyone or anything drag her away from her dark-haired meister. They had too much history. "Absolutely not, this is all my load," Yume reassured him, being completely sincere in her words for the first time since his arrival. Hibiki hesitantly nodded, looking to be convinced. For now, at least. And these days, Yume was pretty incapable of thinking beyond the next day, so she decided to worry about it when the time came around. "I'll be in town for a while, staying with a friend a few miles away. I'll be checking on you every other day, you hear me?" The male blonde was suddenly treating her like a child, which the weapon did not appreciate. "Oh, that's really not necessary, Kureno's here and-" She was interrupted. "Until I know for myself that I can trust that guy to treat you right, I'm coming over." Once Hibiki had made up his mind, there was no use in trying to persuade him otherwise. One of his lesser qualities. "Okay. I appreciate it," Yume half-smiled. They talked for a little while longer, catching up on happier topics. When Hibiki's phone buzzed in his pocket, he pulled it out and noticed the time. They both stood up, Yume leading him to the door. "I've gotta get going. Remember, I'll be back the day after tomorrow. Take care, Yume." He turned her around right before exiting her room and slid his hand down his arm, again sending chills down Yume's spine. She shrugged it off, feeling she would rather not say anything than speak up out of protest. When they exited to the living room, Kureno jumped right up from his seat, as if he was anxiously waiting for his unwelcome visitor to leave. "Good to see you again, Kureno," Hibiki again reached out his hand for one more handshake, but Kureno kept his hands in his pockets. "Yeah. You too." Cold as ice. The blonde immediately took the hint and waved one more time to Yume, then carefully closed the door behind him. The room was quiet again. The weapon ground her teeth together, bracing herself for whatever questions she was about to be flooded with by her obviously jealous partner.

((soooo I decided to add a little bit to this plot point. On top of Kureno being jealous of Hibiki and Yume being jealous of whoever, I decided to make Hibiki a little more manipulative and emotionally abusive so that in addition to her clearly being with the wrong guy, the relationship is shitty AND Kureno doesn't know that. He will prob have suspicions though. Also, just to make sure you know, Kureno doesn't know that Hibiki is gonna be continually coming back to the apartment. Of course he'll catch on eventually but for now he doesn't know. There's no way Yume's gonna be going out anytime soon, so it just makes for more drama for Hibiki to practically always be in the apartment. Almost like he's living there... But yes, I'm proud of this post!!))
Back to top Go down
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:57 am

((DAYUMMMM NICE POST GIRLL WOW LONG AWESOME YESSSSSS OMG
but yeah that's great yes yes yesy esyeseyseysesessssssssss yes. yes. yeees. god i feel bad man. yume def does NOT need more manipulative relationships and kureno's not gonna be able to help much cuz hes gonna be so pissed for a good majority of this plot point omfg our precious bbys we're awful omg x'''''D >.>' ))

~k u r e n o~

With the subtle click of the door closing, a heavy atmosphere fell upon the partners like a heated blanket in the middle of summer. Kureno stood, balling his hands into fists, wanting to yell, to hurt something, to question, to...he didn't know what, exactly. He hardly ever did these days. They had been doing better, he thought, at least a little bit maybe--but now that hellish blond had thrown a wrench into their lives, again. He'd changed everything just by knocking on that godforsaken door, the portal into their lives, and now there was nothing Kureno could do to stop everything from falling. He hated it. He hated it all. Why that guy had decided to show up now, of all times, Kureno didn't know. He didn't care. He just wanted him gone. He felt threatened. He felt like Hibiki was there to replace him, to take away what little he now had. He felt like Hibiki was taunting him with his wellness, with his health, while Kureno deteriorated, spiraling, only able to watch as he fell. He knew it was ridiculous, but he was angry. Unbelievably angry, like a caged animal that's been hurt one too many times and has reverted to a rabid state of fear.

Suddenly, he was brought out of his angry tirade of thoughts when he eyes wandered unbeknownst to him to the girl standing in the room with him. Yume was tense, waiting. Waiting for him. Waiting for him to explode, to yell. Waiting for him to make everything worse than it already was. He wanted to cry. Kureno tightened his jaw, trying to swallow the lump in his throat, and unclenched a fist to raise it to his face, massaging the bridge of his nose with a grimace. He wouldn't cry. Not here, not now. Man, he really was pretty bipolar these days. He took a breath, steadying himself, taking in some of the hovering atmosphere of the room into his body, and trying to change it into something lighter to breath back out. He tried to relax, as much as he could. He forced himself to unclench his other fist, let his shoulders drop, relax his jaw. He ran the hand still by his head through his dark hair, sighing again. Let his arm drop. Fell back on the sofa behind him. Finally looked back up at Yume.

He swallowed, watching her with sad eyes. "...are you okay?" His voice was quiet, but with those words he felt the heavy air, the type when something bad was bound to happen, shatter around him into something lighter. Not back to normal, not quite, but...better. A bit better. Like them.

((omfg im so pissed okay i had this GREAT POST going and then my dad's fucking laptop that im using is so fucking ridiculous like every other fucking click it'll open up some ad page and if you're on a page for too long, or sometimes even just a few minutes, it'll like change your page to an ad page and thATS WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED i had this great post then this fucking redirection ad popped up and took me somewhere fucking else and im so PISSED IT WAS A GREAT POST FUCKKKK LIKE MAYBE THE BEST I'VE EVER DONE BUT THIS FUCKING COMPUTER FUCKFCUFIAECAWFAWFNWEJFWCTAWT I HATE EVERYTHING. And I can't remember even half of what I'd written. So this is my poor excuse for a redo. Ugh. Sorry. I'm so mad >.> ANYWAYS HERE YOU GO ugh. I hate it.
Also ik Kureno seems to be doing okayish rn but once like Hibiki keeps coming da fuck over he's gonna get worse and shit. so yeah. ugh.))
Back to top Go down
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:20 pm

((Oooooo I like! I love that you added that Yume was bracing herself for Kureno's next outburst. Maybe he could have developed some anger issues at some point in his life and they're coming back to haunt him? I'm not trying to tell you how to write your character of course! ^^'))

~ y u m e ~

The rest of the day passed as they normally do. That is, only after their unexpected guest made his exit from the apartment. It was obvious Kureno wasn't exactly ecstatic at Hibiki's return, but he and Yume had a history. She couldn't just turn him away because the green-eyed monster sizzled inside Kureno. She knew her partner deserved to know that the blonde would be making frequent visits to the apartment, but the thought of a confrontation with him with the possibility of an outburst churned the acids in her stomach, causing yet another wave of nausea. She would brace herself in a few days when he would eventually find out what was happening between the two blondes.

2 days later, as promised, Hibiki showed up at the door again. It was Kureno who opened the door this time. "Kureno," she heard Hibiki breath heavily, clearly expecting someone else to open the door. "What the hell are you doing here?" Kureno demanded, crossing his arms. "You know why I'm here." This was when Yume decided to interfere. Hibiki's face lit up when she made her appearance, and he was quick to grab her arm and lead her into her room. It bothered her slightly that he acted as if she didn't know where she was going, but she quickly convinced herself that he had good intentions and it was no big deal. His second visit lasted longer than his first, and it mostly consisted of small talk. Yume found it difficult to make deeper conversation than describing the weather and funny things she saw online. Hibiki asked a couple questions that she wasn't quite ready to answer just yet. He apologized for each time he accidentally made her uncomfortable, which Yume appreciated. This pattern continued the next couple visits. Kureno made his disdain towards Hibiki obvious when answering the door, Hibiki lead Yume into her room, they talked for a while, he would ask his usual questions that Yume didn't feel like answering, and the blonde left a couple hours later, only to make his return in a couple days. A week and a half after Hibiki's first return, as he was leaving the apartment for the fifth time, Kureno practically slammed the door behind him and added an agitated sigh. This, for some reason, caused the pool of Yume's emotions to overflow and what was flowing out the sides of the pool came out in a shout "Do you have to be so rude to my boyfriend?!"

And her body tightened, trying hard to be as ready as it could for whatever was to happen next.
Back to top Go down
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:35 am

((SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.))

~k u r e n o~

Kureno stood, hand still half-extended towards the door when he'd swung it closed. The air between them seemed suspended in time, but reverberating with her words a thousand times a second. He wasn't aware of his arm dropping to his side, he wasn't even aware that he was staring at her, lips parted just slightly as his mind tried to digest what she'd said. It was strange...he hadn't even thought of this happening. Not once, not since he'd known her. Not since he'd grown to enjoy her presence. Not since they'd become partners. Not once. Yet, here it was. It felt strange, unrealisitc. But too real. He felt numb, but not blissfully so--not like his drug hazes. He wished it felt like that. It..almost....hurt. No, why would that hurt? He found it in him to wonder. Why would that hurt me? I don't care who she dates. I don't care. She could take whoever the hell she wanted into her bedroom, he wouldn't give two shits about it. Kureno swallowed, finally lowering his gaze and tucking his hands into his pockets. He needed a pick-me-up.

The meister walked past her, noticed how tense she was, waiting. "Gimme a heads up if he's gonna...stay the night or somethin, so I can go to bed early or whatever. I guess." he muttered a curse under his breath, running a hand messily through his hair as he let a stressed breath out. Kureno massaged the bridge of his nose as he pulled a cigarette out of the packet in the breast pocket of his shirt, sliding the door to the little balcony open and stepping out into the crisp evening air just as the sun was beginning to set. He closed the door behind him, closing his eyes and rubbing across both of his eyelids and forehead as he flipped the cigarette the right way and balanced it between his teeth, taking a lighter out of his pocket to light the end until it glowed a gentle red and smoked. Dark hair waving in the slight breeze, he took a deep drag, trying to breath in everything and send it away in one long exhale. 'Fuck it, at least she's happy...' he told himself, leaning against the wall and letting his head loll back to look at the sky. 'That makes one of us...'

((idk if i like this like...???idk like i just feel like he doens't have much energy rn in him to fight things, like to argue much. like he just he's tired of everything and hes just like fuck it. idk??????? but yeah. ugh idk if i like it but thERE IT IS SO oianwgjiwakmg))
Back to top Go down
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:35 pm

((IT'S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR SINCE WE STARTED THIS I LOVE US))

~ y u m e ~

It wasn't exactly the reaction she expected from him. In fact, it was the complete opposite. "Gimme a heads up if he's gonna...stay the night or somethin, so I can go to bed early or whatever. I guess." Had he even heard what she said to him? She wasn't exactly sure she believed herself what she had just said. She vowed long ago that she would never see Hibiki in that way, at the risk of ruining the bond they shared. True, she would be lying if she had never thought about it, but that's all they were- just thoughts. This was a good thing, right? Were they inevitable?

She released the breath she was unknowingly holding, turned around and approached the door to the balcony, unsure of her next move. Her hand decided to operate without her brain's permission and the door slowly glided to the left, placing one foot on the balcony, then the rest of her slid out sideways, the movements all too natural, due to the fact that this isn't the first time she came to retrieve her partner from sulking. She tip toed to the railing, keeping her distance from him, half sure he wasn't that interested in being any closer. "Is that all you have to say?" She was careful to keep her tone from edging into the hostile territory. And there was no hostility in her at all. She was simply curious about his feelings. His eyes were staring into the distance and they did not drift from their line of sight at her question. "What else is there to say? I don't own you, you can make your own decisions," he answered in a monotone. The weapon couldn't decide if her meister wasn't interested in speaking with her, or if he truly didn't care. She then shifted closer, breaking her promise to herself to not decrease the distance between them, and she placed her hand on top of his, and shuddered. No movement, no stirring, no verbal or physical objection. In fact, there was not much of anything that she could feel. His skin was cold, almost lifeless. He continued to stare, not bothering to even look down at their hands together. Dare she admit, feeling the lack of feeling in his hand was just as frightening as watching her parents die in front of her. Because that's exactly what was happening here and now. He moved like a dead body. Not knowing what to do, she let her fear take over and she slowly backed away and returned indoors. The only difference between the last situation and the current one, is that she left the corpse outside to rot. The blonde retreated to her room to text Hibiki, suddenly getting rid of the doubt she had about her recently found companion.
Back to top Go down
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:10 pm

((I HATETIEAUWNTAWETAWEJTNWEATAWTE HAAATTE FUCKKFAIEUNWEJAKGTWA))

~k u r e n o~

The sun had set and the moon had risen in the sky before Kureno moved. His cigarette had long ago burnt out, the brown nub still held lightly between his teeth. He felt frozen, cold. His pale eyes first slid down to his hand, the one he was deftly aware that Yume had held for a few moments before leaving him alone in the dark night. His fingers curled into a fist, and he slowly slid his hand off to stuff it in his pocket. He raised the other hand to dispose of the cigarette butt, and made his way inside. His very bones felt weak. What little strength that had been in him before this evening seemed to have blown out of him as easily as the smoke from his cigarette. It felt like everything had.

--Time Skip like af omg--

He couldn't remember the last words he'd said to his partner. Honestly he couldn't. He didn't know how long it had been since Hibiki had started coming over pretty much every day, how long it had been since Kureno started leaving before Hibiki arrived at their door and coming home long after he'd left, if it was even the same day at all. He could never remember. He knew it was bad, but he didn't want to go home. He felt like he didn't have one, like he was on the streets again, he felt dead inside. Not quite as bad as he had after the incident with his last school, but it wasn't good. Yet, still, he accepted the drugs. He released himself to their power and didn't care about the consequences. He'd even found someone. Someone who understood, who was in the same place as him. He wasn't sure if Tobias had a home, or if he ever went back to it though. He was always there in the abandoned building with dirty, holey blankets covering the draftiest openings in the rotting walls and broken windows. To be honest most of the people who crashed there didn't seem to leave, but it wasn't like Kureno could talk. He was sure he'd stayed there for at least a night or two in the past couple months. The meister slid a hand under the musty brown blanket that hung in front of the easiest entrance, stepping carefully over the crumbling planks of wood that had fallen there from the ceiling long ago. The navigated the dark space, knowing where to go. Before long he found their usual hangout, and was hailed with lazy greetings from a couple people. More were passed out on dirty mattresses and torn pillows. He clasped Bete's outstretched hand in greeting, and the dealer handed him his due dose of drugs, which he'd paid for last time he'd come. He pocketed the bag of white, crushable pills and muttered a thanks, and flopped down next to Tobias, who was sitting on his own against a rock, a pillow propped behind him for comfort. "You're early," he commented, voice rough. He partook in most of the same things Kureno did: cigarettes, heroine, and men as well as women. The women part wasn't really relevant, though. He grunted in response, busy crushing a couple pills to start himself off.

Once both boys were reasonably high, Kureno let Tobias clumsily grab his wrist and lead him out of the room, stumbling over a few stray rocks. Eventually they found themselves outside in the alleyway, and he let himself be pushed up against the damp stone wall as his head swam. He'd taken more than Tobias so far. Colours were brighter and his vision was swimming. The light out here hurt his eyes a bit, so he obliged to close them as Tobias leant forward and they met in a drug-induced, sloppy kiss. This was commonplace. Kureno could confidently say that after he'd come out of his highs, he could barely remember a thing that happened. He remembered Tobias, yes, but sometimes he forgot his name, forgot his face. He pretty much always forgot what they did. He was kind of glad for that, though. Then he could tell himself it didn't count, it never happened. It was easier that way. No one had to know.

Kureno's eyes opened just for a second, just a little bit. He didn't know why. He felt...something. Someone watching him. But in an instant they were gone. "Tobi, wait--" he stammered, pushing the other boy away so Kureno could get a better look out at the street. He could have sworn he'd seen a flash of short blond hair, but it could've been anyone. Tobias asked him what was wrong, but Kureno shook it off and went back to what they were doing. It was fine. It was okay. No one had to know.
Back to top Go down
theblonde-one

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:58 am

((*cries forever because I'm a piece of shit for not writing this post sooner and because this roleplay makes me want to cry whenever I think about it I'm so proud of us ily okay LETS DO THIS))

~ y u m e ~

Yume and Kureno may have physically lived together, but emotionally, it was as if they were in different countries. She thought she couldn't become any more distant from her partner, but feeling his skin all those weeks ago was the last door that could be closed. It had come to the point where they moved around the apartment as if they lived alone. As each day passed, Yume cared less and less about their severely damaged relationship.

Today she noticed that Kureno had left a little earlier than usual, and that Hibiki was a little later than his usual arrival. When he arrived, he let himself in as usual and removed his coat to place it on the coffee table. Yume didn't bother to arise from the couch and greet her guest, knowing her boyfriend well enough to know that he would initiate the greeting like always. "Hey babe." The male blonde leaned over his girlfriend to plant a kiss on her cheek. He always put forward enough passion in their kisses for the both of them, which worked out, because the weapon often felt too numb to show a bit of enthusiasm towards him. "Babe, you'll never believe what I saw on my way over," his voice consisting of shock, disgust, and a bit of humor. "I saw Kureno kissing a dude! As if I needed another reason to hate his guts." Yume felt a small pang of curiosity, but was quick to dismiss it. Hibiki's eyes searched for a response. "I'm glad he's found someone," the weapon mumbled, not shifting her eyes from a spot on one of the coffee table legs. Hibiki did not like this response. "Aren't you disgusted by this?!" His voice grew in volume. Here we go... "What he does with his time doesn't concern me." Yume plainly stated, hoping desperately that her calm tone would help calm Hibiki down. "Are you serious? What the hell is wrong with you?!" His hand suddenly made contact with her cheek, leaving a stinging sensation and a red mark. Voice was even louder this time. Her attempts failed yet again. But this episode started out a little less violent than usual, so Yume held onto a tiny bit of hope that things wouldn't end as bloody this time. "I'm gonna get some water, do you want anything?" Another failed attempt at diffusing the situation. She stood up from the couch only to feel two hands on her back applying great force, enough to leave no time for her to catch herself. Her forehead hit the ground hard, the blonde already feeling signs of bruising. The world spun for a few seconds, giving Hibiki enough time to threateningly grab her by the wrist and pull her up to become face-to-face with him. "Don't you dare walk away from me when I'm talking to you," the male blonde growled. "I'm sorry," Yume whispered, not succeeding in holding back her tears. Thank god it's over... He threw her arm down and stormed out of the apartment, not bothering to grab his jacket. He would be back within an hour, knock on the door instead of letting himself in, apologize for what he had done, and the rest of the day would continue on in peace. Then later that night, after Hibiki would leave, Yume would lock herself in the bathroom, punishing herself for upsetting her boyfriend yet again.

That's how it always was. But it was normal for couples to fight, right?

((I wasn't sure exactly how to end this one ^^' I can't remember if we decided exactly how Hibiki is gonna confront Kureno? We can always discuss it if need be! <3))
Back to top Go down
WalkingWithBarefeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:27 pm

((ohshit))

~k u r e n o~

Kureno didn't know what time it was when he woke from their place on the cold floor, back leaning against an old moldy mattress slightly away from the passed-out shapes or quiet murmurs of the others. The dark-haired meister rose unsteadily to his feet, Tobias's arm falling from around his waist as he rose. The other boy grumbled a bit, resettling deeper into the holey, smelly fabric of the mattress. Kureno double-checked to make sure his newest stock from Bete was safe in his pocket before stumbling out of the drug den, feeling half-dead.

Kureno finally reached the apartment door. It was a couple hours after night had fallen, and he fumbled with his keys and the lock before he realised the door wasn't even locked in the first place. With a muttered curse, he pushed his way inside. It was usually dark in the apartment nowadays, with the occasional light from Yume's room in the evenings. But when Kureno stepped into the hall, he had to shield his eyes from the sudden glare of artificial light. He roughly flailed out his hand for the hallway lightswitch, flipping it off. He grumbled to see the light filtering through from the archways leading to the kitchen and the living quarters. Not bothering to kick off his shoes, he trudged down the thin hallway and prepared to shield his eyes yet again before collapsing on the couch when a shadow appeared before him around the corner. Instinctively, Kureno backed up, squinting tired grey eyes to see who it was. His mind was groggy but somehow he knew it wasn't Yume--too tall, not her silhouette at all. Blond hair, though. Kureno felt a thread of panic flare through his mind as he felt his back hit the hallway wall. It was still dark, but now the person was facing him, half of their body illuminated from the living room bulbs still shining on. He blinked, then groaned, raising a hand to push the other young man away.

"Not now, Hibiki. I'm not in the mood," he muttered, mumbling a quiet, "Why are you even still here...?" as he started to sidestep his Weapon's boyfriend, intent on getting to the comfortable pillows awaiting him on the couch. To his surprise, however, he was roughly thrust back against the wall, his body recoiling from the violent shove. "Not 'in the mood'? You're disgusting," he heard the other boy growl. Kureno was confused, but he didn't really care all that much. That was, not until he reached out a hand to try and push Hibiki away again and for some reason earned a hard punch to the arm. "OW! The hell was that for?!" Kureno exclaimed, rubbing his forearm. It had startled him more than anything, but now he felt more awake. Not awake enough though, it seemed. A strong hand, muscles not degenerated from disuse and drug abuse, gripped the front of his shirt and roughly held him against the wall, ramming up into his jaw. The knuckles of Hibiki's fist painfully pushed into Kureno's throat. The meister's long, thin fingers scrambled against the blond boy's hand to try and pry loose his hold, and he didn't even see the fist coming for his face until it was too late. Kureno's vision reeled, spots of coloured light flickering between twisting fields of darkness and bright white. He coughed, and just barely caught Hibiki's next words. "Don't you fucking touch me, you faggot!" the words were disgusted, venomous, dangerous. Kureno wasn't really scared though. 'So that's what this is about...' he resigned, his memories zipping back to earlier that day when he thought he'd seen a familiar mop of blond hair from his alleyway spot with Tobias. Figures his partner's new boyfriend would be a homophobe. A violent one, at that.

Kureno looked up at Hibiki through his still-twisting vision, and muttered with humourless sarcasm, "Then you'd probably better let me go before I try to make a move on you," Hibiki's eyes flashed--Kureno almost barked with laughter when he thought he saw actual fear in those revolted eyes--and the hand holding him pushed him away like his shirt was a handful of hot coals. Kureno stumbled back against the wall, bracing himself as he suddenly got full control of his movements again. He hadn't really known that would work so well. Seeming to have regained confidence in his masculinity, Hibiki stepped towards him threateningly, raising a hand to jab him in the chest. "Stay away from me, and from my girl, you freak," his voice was low and his eyes narrowed. Kureno picked himself up to the most confident stature he could manage and rolled his own eyes, letting his voice lilt in a casual, innocent manner, "Ah yes, Yume...I wonder what she would think seeing the two of us alone, in a dark hallway like this, at this hour," he was going to smile, but was cut off as a knee connected with his abdomen, forcing all air out of his lungs. He laughed breathlessly, his middle convulsing as his body tried regain his lost oxygen. He thought Hibiki might've gone to take Yume, take her away from his 'disgusting lifestyle' or something, but after a few moments he heard the sound of a door, maybe two, and figured he might've just left. Maybe they both did. He wasn't sure. He thought he heard voices. They could've been inside, or outside, or even right beside him. He wasn't sure, and he didn't really care. It was a few minutes more before Kureno could breathe again. He had slumped against the wall, one arm around his middle and the other carefully cradling his quickly-bruising cheek. Using his hands against the hallway wall to get leverage, he hoisted himself up, grunting at the pain in his stomach and basically everywhere else. He felt like he'd just fallen down stone steps, been thrown off a cliff, and then been trampled on. He felt so weak now. He cursed himself for his failing body, and his eyes only saw the couch as he struggled towards it, blindly reaching for the lightswitch but missing it and not really caring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Resonance, Let's Go!   

Back to top Go down

Soul Resonance, Let's Go!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next